Saturday, July 24, 2010

Potato Wedges

Anyone who knows me, knows how much I LOVE potatoes! French fries are my favorite, but I enjoy potatoes in any form. I've been known to order a salad with french fries at restaurants. Talk about an internal conflict! At our wedding, during cocktail hour we had fries with different dipping sauces. I know they are terrible for me, but they are one thing that I will never give up. I have fried potatoes at home, but honestly, I hate frying stuff in my kitchen. I can't stand the smell that lingers for days and the kitchen ends up being a greasy disaster. So you can imagine my delight when I saw that Joanne from one of my favorite food blogs Week of Menus, decided to make baked Chili Spiced Potato Wedges! They are so easy to make and requires minimal prep and clean up time. You can serve them as finger foods for a party and experiment with different dipping sauces. Enjoy!

Chili Spiced Potato Wedges (Week of Menus)

Ingredients
1 1/2 lbs potatoes, cut into wedges
1/4 cup olive oil
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 425.  In a large bowl, mix together olive, chili powder, paprika, garlic powder and salt.  Carefully toss potato wedges in olive oil mixture to coat each potato.

Lay potatoes in a single layer on a baking dish. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until potatoes are slightly crisp and golden.  Serve with ketchup.

No comments:

Post a Comment