Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Highbrow Chocolate Chip Cookies

I just heard today that one of the co-founders of Trader Joe's, Theo Albrecht, has passed away today. I have been a loyal shopper for many moons and I especially love the fact that the store was created with the "over-educated and underpaid" in mind. In his honor, I am writing about my new favorite Trader Joe's item: Highbrow Chocolate Chip Cookies.

I have suddenly found myself to be overwhelmed by a desire to bake. I have been really good about eating healthy lately and I'm back to working out regularly. I am not really tempted by sweets on a regular basis, but a good cookie every once in a while? I cannot resist. So I was at the store gathering some ingredients for my baking extravaganza when I came across these cookies by the checkout. Highbrow Cookies?! These are new, I thought to myself. Their picture reminded me a little of another store bought cookie favorite of mine: Tate's Bake Shop cookies from the Hamptons that they sell at Whole Foods. Now those are certainly "highbrow". I can recall many times when I ate the whole bag in one sitting. So I bought these cookies and sure enough, they are delicious and addicting (beware)! Tate's are still a little better in my opinion, but these are a very close second. I know everyone has a different opinion when it comes to chocolate chip cookies, but if you like a crispier cookie, then you should give these a try. And as I type, this post, I am already half way through the bag. Old habits die hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment