Monday, July 19, 2010

Freesia Evokes Nostalgia

As you all know, I love fresh cut flowers and like most people, seeing them around the house really makes me happy. The other day my Middle Sister was in town and bought me some Freesia. This excited me because the flowers that I usually get are basics such as calla lilies, roses, peonies or sunflowers. As much as these are very lovely, they are a little conservative. I don't usually venture out and buy anything too stimulating: visually or olfactorily.

However, I was very happy with this Freesia and I suddenly remembered how much I loved the scent. It instantly took me back to elementary school and reminded me of my Older Sister who used to wear the Freesia perfume from Bath and Body Works. I used to love helping myself to a spritz or two when she wasn't around! The products from Bath and Body Works are a little too saccharin sweet for me now, so mildly scented flowers are just right. However, back then, I couldn't get enough of smelling like a fruit. Who remembers country apple or sparkling pear?

No comments:

Post a Comment