Sunday, December 20, 2009

Wontons Two Ways


My husband enjoys cooking and I especially love when he teaches me his mom's dishes. I know he misses his mom's homemade cooking, so I'm eager to learn her dishes and make them for him more often. So we were having friends over to watch the fights and we were pondering what we should make. We like theme dinners and we like to do something different each time. We already did a pizza night and a sausage night, so this time we thought we'd do an Asian finger food night. We decided to make fried wontons and spam musubis since they are easy to eat without being too messy. You can boil them, steam them or fry them. I made the filling and J was able to wrap about 200 wontons in an hour. He's a great helper.

Wonton Filling:
Ground pork (we used ground turkey)
Minced napa cabbage
Minced ginger
Salt and pepper to taste
Worchestershire sauce
One egg yellow
Little bit of corn starch

We seal the wontons with the egg white that is leftover. When cooked, serve with a dipping sauce made of soy sauce, rice vinegar and red pepper flakes. So easy, J was able to do it all unsupervised!
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment