Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Candy Jars


I really love the look of old apothecaries and confectioneries. It's not just because I like things that are vintage looking, but I realized that there is something about glass jars that makes whatever they are holding appear so much more appealing. So lately I've been shopping for a lot of glass hurricanes, apothecary jars, fish bowls, crocks and canisters to hold the usual household items, with the hopes that it will make them look more fun and less ordinary. I put things like nail polish, pretty soaps, paper clips and flowers in them and they look great! Above is a picture of one of my Husbands and my favorite snacks: sour gummy watermelons. We buy them in bulk, throw them into a glass jar and include a cute little scoop. The result is a look of an old general store!

No comments:

Post a Comment