Monday, September 28, 2009

Housewarming Gifts


Housewarming and host gifts are so fun! I love giving them and I love receiving them. While plants and bottles of wine work great as housewarming gifts, I always enjoy receiving things that are more unique and more personal. In the past I've appreciated scented candles or useful kitchen gadgets. Another gift I like to give is a first aid kit. I feel that it is something every household needs, but very few have. It might be especially handy in LA where everyone is anticipating the "Big One."

Today I went to visit my friend AY who just moved into an adorable house. He got a board game as a housewarming gift, so hopefully he'll host some future game nights! I had a lot of fun wrapping the game and creating a gift tag that depicted his home per Google Maps!

What do you guys like to give or get as housewarming gifts?

2 comments:

  1. very smart !
    you must be a very cute girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That seems like such a thoughtful gift. I'm sure AY must have been so surprised and touched that you actually took the time to go online, find the satelite image of his new house, and draw it.

    You seem very creative and caring.... just how a good therapist should be.

    ReplyDelete