Sunday, October 4, 2009

Baked Crispy Chicken



Chicken is not the most exciting dish, but my Husband likes it and it is leaner than other meats. So I'm always looking for new ways to make it interesting. I usually cook stove top and avoid using my oven, because like many others I use my oven as storage. I dread pulling all the pans and trays out, but tonight I wanted to cook with bone in, skin on chicken and it is tastier baked. So I dusted off my Mario Batali roasting pan which we received as a wedding present but rarely use because it weighs a ton.

I marinated 8 chicken thighs in a marinade of one cup soy sauce, one cup mirin, a tbsp of minced garlic, half an onion pureed, and a tsp of sesame oil for one hour in the fridge.

After marinating, I placed the thighs in a roasting pan and then into the oven that was preheated to 500. After about 30 minutes the skin was crispy and golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment