Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Candles



I love love love scented candles! Not only do I love the soft flickering glow, but I like how they can really affect and improve my mood. They can be soothing, relaxing and oftentimes they carry me away to another place. They can create a mini getaway right there in your home. I prefer scents that are milder and therefore most of my candles are sweet or fruity. I'm not a big fan of heavier muskier scents. Having said that, although the scent is light, I need the candle to be fragrant. Not strong and overpowering, just aromatic. There are so many candles out there that are scented, but when you light them, you don't even notice it. So now, when I buy candles, I am very particular.

Above are my favorites. (Clockwise from the top: Voyage in violet, Archipelago in peony, Jonathan Adler in shelter island, Fresh in sake, Tocca in cleopatra). The Voyage one they sell at the Peninsula Hotel Spa. That smell is so pleasant and distinct and the whole hotel smells like it. So when I burn it at home, I am immediately at ease like I am at the spa. It also reminds me of my wedding and the wedding night that we spent there! So that is definitely a very special one for me. But my all time number one favorite is the sake candle from Fresh. It is AMAZING. I've gifted it to so many people, because every time anyone comes over and it's burning, they always ask what it is. It's a great hostess gift as well.

I don't just love candles, but I also like pretty candlesticks, unique votive holders and creative candle centerpieces. It's amazing how much they can change the look and smell of your place! Just remember to trim the wick and wipe down the jar. Most of the jars can be cleaned out and used for something else.

Let me know what your favorite candles and scents are!

No comments:

Post a Comment