Friday, October 1, 2010

Balsamic Chicken Drumsticks

I'm always looking for new ideas for chicken. I know chicken can be boring for many, but my Husband loves it and never gets sick of it which makes it easy for me. I go to Costco and buy many many pounds of thighs, breast, wings and our favorite, drumsticks! However, no matter how hard I try to be creative, I always end up cooking drumsticks the same way. Baked crispy or broiled Asiany. Until I read a post on my favorite blog Week of Menus. Balsamic Drumsticks?! That's different I thought. And it was! My Husband loved them!

Balsamic Drumsticks
Idea from Joanne at Week of Menus who adapted from a recipe by Giada de Laurenttis

Ingredients:
10-12 chicken drumsticks, skin on
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and pepper for seasoning

Sauce:
1 cup balsamic vinegar
3/4 cup ketchup
1/3 cup brown sugar
3 garlic cloves,minced
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper

In a saucepan, add all sauce ingredients together.  Whisk to combine and simmer over medium heat 15-20 minutes, until mixture is reduced by a 1/3.  It will be thick, similar in consistency to ketchup. Set aside until needed.

Chicken:
Preheat oven to 400.
On a roasting pan, with a the grilling tray on top (the tray that allows you to cook chicken and let the fat drip to the pan underneath) place chicken drumsticks in a single layer.  Drizzle chicken with a bit of olive oil and season each drumstick with salt and pepper.  Place chicken in oven, and roast for about 45 minutes, until chicken is golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment