Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Flea Market Finds?

Not quite. More like shopping at Mom's. My Mother's home contains a plethora of treasures. Whenever I am visiting, there is always something new to catch my eye. But the other day, it wasn't the newest items that caught my attention, but some of her "older" ones.

1. A set of 2 wooden rustic looking trays. What I love about these trays are not just that they are big in size, but deep as well. They are sturdy and will be helpful when I want to take brunch out on the patio. I don't have to juggle plates and cups on my small flat trays anymore.

2. An art book of Monet's Years in Giverny. The last time I was in France, I really wanted to do the day trip out to Giverny, but we just didn't have enough time. This book will hold me over until I eventually do make it out there!

3. Silver antique looking vase. I'm imagining bright pink peonies or cornflower blue hydrangeas as a centerpiece for brunch.

4. Vintage glass bottle. This will be a perfect bud vase for my kitchen window sill or perhaps it will hold a sprig of lavender in my guest bathroom.

5. Small Ball jar. I can never have enough of these. They can hold paperclips, buttons, pencils, flowers or candles. I wanted this one, because it was an interesting size and shape.

I love flea markets, but this trip to Mom's saved me a little bit of time and money! Thanks Mom! Can't wait to do it again. *wink*

No comments:

Post a Comment