Thursday, August 19, 2010

Salted Caramels

I am currently obsessed with salted caramels. I have always loved the salty/sweet combination but usually that craving was satisfied with eating two items simultaneously. My favorite being McDonald's french fries dipped into a McDonald's soft serve vanilla ice cream cone. But now with this huge salted caramel movement that is going on, I can get both tastes in one bite. After returning from Paris, I have been scouring LA to find the perfect salted caramel. I have been sampling the salted caramel french macaron, the salted caramel ice cream flavor, fleur de sel, sel gris, and I have yet to find the perfect treat. I prefer a caramel without chocolate and one where the salt is not too strong yet still detectable. I am coming close to making my own at home, but making candy at home is a daunting task. But I do want to try it eventually. Doesn't this look amazing?

So, I am still on the hunt for the most perfect marriage of salty and sweet, but until then I have really been enjoying the Sea Salt Caramels from Little Flower Candy Company and the award winning Celtic Sea Salt from BĂ©quet Gourmet Caramel.

2 comments:

  1. i cant remember if these were the same but I saw some sea salt caramels at Clementine the other day. Maybe next time you go by there you can check them out. =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Clementine carries the Little Flower Candy Company line. Also, it's a dollar cheaper there compared to some other places that I've seen it. :)

    ReplyDelete