Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Birthday Dinner

This is the last birthday post. I'm trying to squeeze it all in before it turns midnight. Tonight my parents came over for dinner to celebrate with me and J. My mom wanted me to take it easy today and relax so she prepared dinner at her house and shuttled it over at dinner time. I was just in charge of the decorations. I love these Martha Stewart paper lanterns. They take a second to put up and take down, but they add a lot of zest. I just hung them from the ceiling with varying lengths of twine, but they are really cute when clustered around the chandelier.
 
My mom had a really fun idea for dinner tonight. She created a make-your-own sushi party. We had a main platter of different types of sashimi, shrimp, squid, eel, cucumber and avocado. Each person had their own rice bowl and strips of seaweed and also a bowl of a soy sauce, wasabi mixture. It is so fun and you can experiment with different creations. It is great for when people come over and you can put out whatever fillings you like. I bet a vegetarian one with tofu and different veggies would be fun and a meat-lovers could be good too. It really is up to you. Have fun with it!

1 comment: